Basic Principles of DIR®/FloortimeTM Model*
1. Follow the child's lead in play.
2. Play at the child's developmental level and build on his
3. Open and close circles of communication.
4. Increase interactions with solid, warm engagement.
5. Expand the child's range of interactive experiences.
6. Tailor interactions to the child's individual differences.
7. Meet the child where he or she is developmentally and
move up one level at a time.
2357 Hassell Rd., Suite 202 | Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 | Phone: 847.466.7775 | Fax: 847.466.5171 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org